THIS IS A BLOOD SPOT TEST FOR FREE T3 (FREE TRIIODOTHYRONINE) ONLY.
Collect sample in the morning within 30 minutes of waking, and
before eating or drinking anything (except water).
1.Tape filter card flat (below waist level) with flap hanging
down and away from collection filter strip (note: back of flap
should not be touching filter strip).
2. Open the alcohol prep pad and sterile gauze.
3. Select finger (middle or ring finger of non-dominant hand is best).
4. Wipe finger with alcohol prep pad & allow to dry for 15-30 seconds.
5. Twist cap off lancet and press small white section firmly against the side
of finger tip until lancet clicks.
6. Quickly wipe away the first blood drop with the sterile gauze pad.
7. Position finger over circle of blood spot card and gently milk (don’t
squeeze) blood from the finger.
8. As blood drop forms and is ready to fall, touch it to the center of the
circle (one drop per circle); continue collection until all circles have
9. When finished, blot finger with gauze then apply bandage.
10. Leave blood spot card open to dry – minimum 30 minutes.
11. Once blood sample is dry, close flap and place in the plastic box.
TIPS: Collect so that your hand is below your waist, allowing gravity to
assist with blood flow.
To encourage blood flow before nicking finger, rub hands together/swing
arm and/or run hand under warm water.
There are no reviews yet.