THIS BLOOD SPOT TEST IS FOR THE FEMALE HORMONE PANEL
Blood Spot collected by finger stick with drops onto a card to be mailed to the lab in Oregon to be analyzed for the main female hormones include:
Testosterone (lean body mass, libido)
Cortisol (stress hormone that controls hunger or addictions),
Estradiol E2 (excess causes fat retention or breast size, health of female organs),
Progesterone (breast & ovary & wellbeing health), DHEA (brain health),
SHBG – Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (affects acne or transport of hormones which influences metabolism and body fat)
Thyroid Panel Additions:
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
TPO (Thyroid Peroxidase)
Collect sample in the morning within 30 minutes of waking, and before eating or drinking anything (except water).
1.Tape filter card flat (below waist level) with flap hanging
down and away from collection filter strip (note: back of flap
should not be touching filter strip).
2. Open the alcohol prep pad and sterile gauze.
3. Select finger (middle or ring finger of non-dominant hand is best).
4. Wipe finger with alcohol prep pad & allow to dry for 15-30 seconds.
5. Twist cap off lancet and press small white section firmly against the side
of finger tip until lancet clicks.
6. Quickly wipe away the first blood drop with the sterile gauze pad.
7. Position finger over circle of blood spot card and gently milk (don’t
squeeze) blood from the finger.
8. As blood drop forms and is ready to fall, touch it to the center of the
circle (one drop per circle); continue collection until all circles have
9. When finished, blot finger with gauze then apply bandage.
10. Leave blood spot card open to dry – minimum 30 minutes.
11. Once blood sample is dry, close flap and place in the plastic box.
TIPS: Collect so that your hand is below your waist, allowing gravity to
assist with blood flow.
To encourage blood flow before nicking finger, rub hands together/swing
arm and/or run hand under warm water.
There are no reviews yet.